XM Group is made up of four regulated online brokers. Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd was established in 2009 and it is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC 120/10). Trading Point of Financial Instruments Pty Ltd was established in 2015 and it is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC 443670). XM Global Limited was established in 2017 and is regulated by the Financial Services Commission in Belize (000261/397). Trading Point MENA Limited was established in 2019 and is regulated by Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA reference no. F003484).
The XM Group offers more than 1000 financial instruments which can be traded on the MT4/MT5 platforms and XM app. This includes Forex Trading, CFDs on Crypto*, Stocks, Commodities, Equity Indices, Precious Metals and Energies, and more with some of the most reliable and fastest order execution available to retail traders. The Group prides itself on the statistic that over 99% of its trades executed in less than 1 second and serves over 10 million clients in more than 25 languages across 190 countries.
Regulated by strict financial authorities in all the relevant jurisdictions, XM doubles down on its reputation by providing an optimum mix of the functionality that users want most: security, support, easy account funding and withdrawals, and low fees. This combination makes XM a smart place to start a trading career or take it to the next level.
*CFDs on cryptocurrencies are not available to all the entities of the Group.
XM Group Pros and Cons
- Wide variety of assets
- High leverage up to 1000:1 (this leverage is not available to all the entities of the Group)
- Live chat and other accessible support in over 25 languages
- No commissions
- Non-expiring demo account
- Lightning-fast execution
- MetaTrader and XM Mobile App platforms available
- Customer service during weekend hours
- Education for beginners and live analysis
- Negative Balance Protection
- ETF trading not supported
- Funding with PayPal unavailable
Who Is XM Group Recommended For?
All XM users have access to various types of accounts offered by XM.
As there is a slight learning curve related to MT4 and MT5, it’s highly recommended that one already have some trading experience before trading with XM, or at least that they register an XM non-expiring demo account first.
- Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Financial Services Commission (FSC)
- Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA)
Top XM Group Features
- VPS Servers. The XM VPS allow its clients to gain access to their own Virtual Private Server located in the same vicinity as XM’s London data center, providing unparalleled execution speed regardless of their own internet connection, location, or access to power. This cuts out the extraneous factors that could impact trading, but this feature is only available for account holders with a minimum total balance of $500 and volume of 2 lots or 200 micro lots in turnover per month. Free VPS requirements can vary for each entity of the XM Group.
No Fees or Commissions. XM offers a range of trading account types. XM Global includes Standard, Micro, Ultra-Low, Shares and XM Zero accounts. The first four types of accounts do not charge any commissions whereas the XM Zero account has a $3.5 commission per $100,000 traded. XMCY entity offers XM Ultra Low Micro and XM Ultra Low Standard Account which do not charge any commissions and the XM Zero account which has $3.5 commission per $100,000 traded.
Trade on Margin. Traders with higher risk tolerance and more expertise can trade on margin, meaning their positions are leveraged and require less capital for magnified exposure. Results of the trade are therefore multiplied as well, as are losses, though negative balance protection and margin calls are designed to help XM users avoid the potential downside impact.
- Approachable Support. XM offers a range of ways for users to reach its customer support team. A live chat widget is very helpful for those who need help that doesn’t justify writing an email or encounter issues that require immediate attention. There is also a phone line, support services are extended to weekends too (apart from the EU-regulated entity).
- MetaTrader 4 iOS By MetaQuotes Software Corp.
- MetaTrader4 By MetaQuotes Software Corp.
- MetaTrader 4 Android by MetaQuotes Software Corp.
- Metatrader 5 By MetaQuotes Software Corp.
- WebTrader MT4 & MT5
- XM App for iOS
- XM App for Android
Trading and Investment Tools
- One Click Trading: Yes
- Trade off Charts: Yes
- Email Alerts: Yes
- Mobile Alerts: Yes
- Stop Order: Yes
- Market Order: Yes
- Trailing Stop Order: Yes
- OCO Orders: No
- Limit Order: Yes
- 24hr Trading: Yes
- Charting Package: No
- Streaming News Feed: Yes
XM Group Compliance & Regulation
To serve users from more than 190 countries, XM has pursued regulation from the relevant financial authorities. Currently, XM operates with licensing from Australian, Cyprus, Belize and Dubai regulators: ASIC, CySEC, FSC and DFSA respectively. These institutions ensure that XM maintains complete liability for its customers and remains accountable to them. Part of its obligation involves keeping customer funds secure. This is accomplished by segregated funds storage at Tier 1 banks exclusively.
Fees & Commissions
- Rollover Fee: Yes, rollover interest is only applied to cash instruments. In the case of futures products, which have an expiry date, there are no overnight charges.
- Margin Interest: No
- Supported Languages: English, Greek, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Bahasa Malay, Bahasa Indonesia, Korean, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Hindi, Arabic, Portuguese, Czech, Slovakian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Bengali, Urdu, Thai, Nepali, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Cebuano and Serbian.
- Customer Service By: Phone, Chat, Email
- Customer Service Hours: 24/7 (*24/5 for the EU-regulated entity)
- Email Response Time: Immediate
- Telephone Orders: No
- Personal Account Manager: Yes
XM Group Reliability & Security
XM excels when judged based on the reliability of its platform and execution. The company boasts that over 99% of its trades are executed in under one second and matched without any problems retrieving quotes or orders being rejected. As such, XM is one of the names most trusted by professional and retail traders for whom small mistakes or latency could prove costly.
The safety of funds is another area where XM excels, with all client funds stored in segregated bank accounts from the company’s operating funds. Finally, thorough compliance efforts with multiple financial authorities grants additional confidence that XM is prepared to follow the letter of the law on behalf of its users.
XM Group User Experience
Without its own proprietary dashboard to become adept with, users who are already familiar with MetaTrader can seamlessly transition to the standard trading interface. The web trader and desktop trading applications are all offered via MetaTrader (choose from either MT4 or MT5).
Although it takes some time to become familiar with the platform’s many different utilities, MetaTrader’s extensive history serving traders of all experience levels and ongoing efforts to improve aesthetics and usability contribute to its widespread popularity. MetaTrader provides a relatively straightforward user experience with all functionality placed logically such as tools for analysis, order history and open trades, charting, and more. The XM app (free to download for both iOS and Android devices) gives users genuine extension of trading functionality on the go through the MT5 platform. Through the app users can research their investments, track their portfolio and easily manage their account.
XM excels in its educational services. It hosts free weekly webinars on popular topics, highlighting its investment in user education. Additionally, its Live Education service provides Q&A sessions with expert instructors to clients of all levels in their native language to discuss strategies, market moves and news.
XM also makes sure that its traders are kept informed with educational materials and strategies for trading at a basic level. A comprehensive suite of videos and articles on various subjects provides elementary education, while a section for live analysis in various markets helps keep traders informed about current trends.
Final Thoughts on XM Group
XM is a highly reliable trading platform that removes the uncertainty behind order execution while providing a high level of compatibility with MetaTrader 4 and 5. Investors who wish to trade ETFs should look elsewhere, but there are still an impressive number of assets available on XM. Traders of all experience levels can learn to trade skillfully using the site’s inclusive educational suite. In addition, for any questions the XM team is ready to respond promptly in the correct language, as support team is available 7 days a week. Ultimately, XM shines in the areas that are most important for traders who value accuracy and cost-efficiency over other value-added perks.
Trading Platform Screenshots
12 Richard & Verengaria Street, Araouzos Castle Court, 3rd Floor, 3042 Limassol, Cyprus
XM Group FAQs
Q: Is it possible to lose more capital than I have in my account?
A: No. Negative balance protection will prevent you from losing more money than you’ve deposited, and margin calls warn you beforehand if a position is at risk.
Q: Can I open multiple XM trading accounts?
A: You can absolutely open more than one account. XM allows any single trader to have up to eight accounts, and you can open more from the Members Area.
Q: Is there an inactive account fee?
A: Your account is considered ‘dormant’ if you haven’t traded, made any deposits or withdrawals or logged in to your trading account within 90 days, at which point you’ll be charged the equivalent of $5 per month.
Q: How long until my deposit reflects on my account balance?
A: All deposits are instant, except for the bank wire transfer.
Q: Can I deposit to a friend’s account?
A: No. XM, as a regulated company, does not accept deposits/withdrawals made by third parties. Your deposit can only be made from your own account, and the withdrawal has to go back to the source where the deposit was made.